Tuesday 8 July 2014

Chicken Schnitzel - from "Cut out the Crap"

Good Afternoon friends, I hope you are all well and for those of you on holidays or have kids on school holidays, I hope you are having a lovely, safe and fun time. 


My home has been busier and noisier than normal with the addition of a new family member – a 4 legged friend (more on that another day) and one of the girls having a friend here most of the time, people seem to be coming and going constantly and I feel like I have turned into a bit of a ‘mum taxi’ with the older girls having a better social life than me! A lady serving me at the shops today commented  how many ‘cranky’ Mums she sees daily in the School Holidays and was surprised I was still smiling … as much as it’s chaotic at times, I love the holidays and spending extra time with my kids, I feel days, weeks and months just fly by…my ‘babies’ are 3 1/2 …. not babies anymore….sometimes I wish I could just ‘freeze’ the time….surely I am not the only Mum that thinks this???


As you know I have 3 self published recipe books – Best Sellers “Cut out the Crap” and “Cut out the Crap with Kids” and my most recent book “Cut out the Crap with Style” that was released less than 12 months ago. To be fair on those that buy the books I don’t share my recipes from the books … I have decided to make an exception for only 2 recipes from each of these books so you get an idea of what my recipes are like … over the next few weeks I will share them on my blog here for you for easy access ….. first up is my popular “Chicken Schnitzel” recipe from my first book “Cut out the Crap”


front cover

‘Front Cover’ – Cut out the Crap – Gluten, Dairy and Preservative Free


… this has been on my Facebook page for a while now, but incase you haven’t seen it or tried it, I highly recommend you do! It is perfect for healthy homemade Chicken Nuggets for the Kids and if you like the flavour of Coconut Oil, these are FABULOUS cooked in that! 


Chicken Schnitzel


chicken schnitzel


from cookbook “Cut out the Crap” 


3 single chicken breast fillets


1 bunch fresh chives – finely chopped


1 x 100g packet plain rice crackers


1 egg


1 cup rice milk


1 pinch sea salt


 oil for pan frying


Using a food processor, process the whole packet of rice crackers until fine crumbs form.


In one bowl whisk the egg and rice milk.


In another bowl, add the rice cracker crumbs, chives and sea salt. Mix well.


Cut each chicken breast into quarters. Make one cut down the length to make it thinner, and one across to make it smaller.


Working with one piece of chicken at a time, dip it into the egg mixture, then into the crumb mixture. Press the chicken down into the crumb mixture, so a good coating is formed.


Set aside on a plate until ready to cook.


Heat the oil in a large frying pan.


Cook chicken schnitzel on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes either side, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and the outside is golden.


Serve immediately with fresh vegetables.


Serves 4 


Tips and Ideas –


  •  I preheat my oven to 140oC and place the cooked chicken schnitzel in the oven to keep warm, whilst the rest are cooking.

  • This chicken is beautiful the next day sliced cold for lunch with salad.

  • Make sure your rice crackers are additive free

 


Enjoy!


Talk again soon ….


Take Care of You,


Collette x  


Instagram:



 

Pinterest: 


 

Twitter: 



Chicken Schnitzel - from "Cut out the Crap"

No comments:

Post a Comment