Tuesday 15 July 2014

Chicken and Corn Soup - from "Cut out the Crap for Kids"

Good Afternoon friends! I hope this finds you all well! We are all well here … we are celebrating our 2nd Daughters Birthday today … she is now ‘double digits’ … MISS 10! She is my ‘wild child’ and was a huge reason for us first going Additive Free as she reacted badly with her behaviour to Additives … she is fun, crazy and makes me laugh daily more than anyone I know … we also clash often (might be something to do with us both being stubborn and strong willed!) but despite this she fills my world with happiness … I love her unconditionally, I am sure that other Mothers know what I mean with this feeling! 


S birthday

Photo courtesy of “JasArt Photgraphic Art”


I am here today to share with you a recipe from my 2nd book and best selling book “Cut out the Crap for Kids” …


booksforkids
I shared Chicken Schnitzel from my first book “Cut out the Crap” last week and in that blog advised everyone that to be fair on those that buy the books I don’t share my recipes from the books but I have decided to make an exception for only 2 recipes from each of these books so you get an idea of what my recipes are like … over the next few weeks I will continue to share them on my blog here for you for easy access. Please be sure to ‘subscribe’ to my blogs on the front page of my website, it will ensure that these recipes get straight to your email inbox and you don’t miss them …. you won’t want to miss next weeks recipe, when I share something super exciting from my 3rd book “Cut out the Crap with Style” … until then, enjoy this Chicken and Corn Soup recipe from my 2nd book “Cut out the Crap for Kids” … it tastes just like you would expect to get at a Chinese Restaurant and yet SO easy to make and you know exactly what is in it! It is a huge hit with my kids! ENJOY! 


chicken and corn soup


Chicken and Corn Soup 


from book ‘Cut out the Crap for Kids’


4 cobs of corn


1 tspn sunflower oil (or oil of choice)


2 cloves garlic – crushed


1 leek – finely chopped (white part only)


2 chicken breast fillets – diced 2cm x 2cm


6 cups chicken or vegetable stock


Remove kernels of corn by cutting with a sharp knife.


Place oil, garlic, leek, chicken and corn into a large saucepan. Fry for 10 minutes, continuously stirring.


Add stock and stir well. Cover and simmer on low for 40 minutes.


Remove half of soup mixture and process with a hand blender.


Return it to the rest of the soup, mix well and serve immediately.


Serves 4


 Tips and Ideas –


  •  If you prefer a clear based soup, you don’t need to do the last process.

 


Wishing you a wonderful rest of the week! 


Take Care of You, 


Collette x 


CUT OUT THE CRAP Instagram



No comments:

Post a Comment