Wednesday 25 September 2013

Our guest from America and "Texas Cream Cheese Dip"

Hello friends! I hope this finds you all well!

Almost 2 weeks ago we welcomed the safe arrival of “Bekah” (my hubbys cousin) to come and stay with us from America for a few months.
It turns out it is a ‘win win’ situation for all of us. Bekah has a Grandma, Aunts, Uncles and many cousins here that she doesn’t get to see often, so her trip here is a wonderful opportunity for her to catch up with everyone and spend plenty of quality time with us all (especially us!)

598558_644634518902760_1795120276_n

me with Bekah!

With 4 children and my business life is pretty full on (to say the least) but since my 3rd book “Cut out the Crap with Style” has arrived I have been busier than I could ever have imagined…I would like to take a moment to say a HUGE thank you to you all for your wonderful support and love of my books!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

CoverLR

Front cover of my new book! Have you got your copy yet???!!!

We have decided that Sundays is “Bekahs” cooking day ….. she treated my family last Sunday with this amazing “Texas Cream Cheese Dip” for Lunch after Church….it is not Dairy Free but it is Gluten Free and with the right brand choices it can be preservative / additive free ….. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family did!

 988232_644694265563452_1843054991_n

“Texas Cream Cheese Dip”

Preheat oven to 180c.
In a large lasagne dish place 2 x room temperature blocks of cream cheese and 1 x 400g tin corn and mix well.
Add 3 finely diced tomatoes, 1/2 bunch finely shredded coriander, approx 1/2 cup finely shredded spring onions, 1 tspn cumin, 1 tspn coriander, 1/4 tspn herbamare or good sea salt and 1/4 – 1 tspn cayenne pepper (depending on how hot you like it! 1/4 tspn I used was child friendly)
Mix thoroughly and bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until warm. Serve with good corn chips!

1233532_644670368899175_1563777847_n

Sunday night Bekah cooked “Curry Chicken” from “Cut out the Crap” for dinner!

 

Wishing you a wonderful rest of the week!

Talk again soon, 

Take Care of You,

Collette x 

 


Our guest from America and "Texas Cream Cheese Dip"

No comments:

Post a Comment