Wednesday 1 May 2013

Honey Stir fry and the start of RAW for me....

Good Evening! I hope this finds you well! I had my Naturopath appointment yesterday after being unwell with too many acids in my body and gastritis last month. I must say I feel instantly better the minute I get out of my car there as I listen to the Bellbirds in ‘Catherines’ little piece of Heaven and space in the middle of Suburbia! 

catherines
I left feeling certain that I will be back to top health soon, excited about the challenges that lay ahead with my diet and encouraged that I am ‘on the right track’ …. I think it is SO important to have complete and utter trust in your health professional…. it is something I have with Catherine. 

Here is a very brief breakdown of an hour and a half appointment that was FULL of talking (her) … questions (me) …. learning and listening and soaking it all in (me) ….. recipe ideas (both us) and laughter (both of us)…. 

In general and for my family: 
* NO to ‘refined sugars’ 
* YES to agave and coconut sugar IF needed
* YES to fruit …… she actually ENCOURAGED me to eat and serve fruit and showed and explained proof as to why its good, beneficial and needed (thats something I personally need rather than ‘just because’)
* YES to coconut, olive and hempseed oils (believes a good extra virgin cold pressed olive oil is NOT carcinogenic if its heated once on a bbq / wok etc …. look forward to finding more info on this) – have never tried hempseed oil before, so I ordered some online yesterday…keen to try it!
* Pumpkin (especially raw) is great to prevent worms…so feed it to your kids…interesting hey! Had to share that one with you! ;-)

For me: 
* YES to my daily coffee (NO to instant coffee) YAY!!!!!!!
* I have 1 tonic made ‘just for me’
* I have 1 powder to take
* I have 36 tablets to take a day (lucky they are tiny little chinese medicine ones!) 
* Green ‘pulp’ (yes you read it right!) ‘pulp’ NOT juice, every morning
* RAW DIET FOR AT LEAST 3 MONTHS! 

As I say, I trust Catherine and feel after 33 years of practice she knows what she is talking about and the fact that she is still so enthusiastic is the most amazing thing to see! 

I can’t wait to feel a difference….and will be sure to keep you posted!

This is my day so far today: DAY 1! 

day 1 greens

My greens this morning! Had to have it THICK not like juice!!!!!!

 

me and juice

3 ‘juices’ (aka known as special vitamin powder mixed in with water) … filling me up!

photo-1

Lunch and Dinner

 

The picture above was my lunch -it is a specific salad I need to have at least once a day (preferably all meals if I can) for the next 2 weeks. Red cabbage, green cabbage, red onion, beetroot, carrot. If I need to have something else and then after the 2 weeks I need to still stick to raw. Over the next 2 weeks I have a list of things I need to avoid as they having been playing up with me (on top of my ‘everyday’ intolerances I need to avoid)….things like eggs, coconut and avocado. 

I have spent today trying to wrap my head around  this new way of eating whilst remaining positive…..its for my health and when I have 4 beautiful young children I have no choice but to do what I can to be as healthy as I can! 

My plan is to stick to this exact ‘recipe’ for a week then the following week make a few small changes whilst keeping this as the ‘base’. After that week I will have this only for lunch and then see what I can come up with for creating other RAW dinners :-)

If you like the sound of this for yourself then perhaps look at contacting a GOOD Naturopath close to you to get something designed just for YOU and your body….besides the fact that I have all the tonics etc to go with this, you don’t want to follow something like this to the ‘T’ incase it is doing something to your body that won’t agree with it (e.g. not all health issues are good with RAW) 

Whilst I am here I wanted to share with you this yummy stir fry I ‘threw’ together the other night….another hit that was devoured by all….its gluten, dairy and additive free…and I love anything that I only need 1 pan for!!!!!

honey stir fry

 

honey stir fry

1 tblspn oil of your choice

2 cloves garlic – crushed

2cm x 2cm piece ginger – grated

4 tblspns honey

1kg chicken breast fillets diced

200g pad thai rice noodles

3 long stalks celery – sliced 1cm pieces

1 zucchini – diced 1cm pieces

1 spanish onion – roughly diced

2 spring onions – cut into 2cm pieces

1 tblspn chia seeds

1 tblspn sesame seeds

1/2 tspn herbamare (or good pinch of salt and pepper)

diced

In a large wok place the oil, garlic, ginger, honey and chicken and stir fry until chicken is almost cooked. 

Meanwhile cook the Pad Thai rice noodles as per packet, drain and set aside.

Add the remaining ingredients to the chicken in the wok and stir fry for a further 2-3 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. 

Add the prepared noodles to the wok and mix thoroughly, just enough to heat through and serve immediately. 

I hope you enjoy this as much as we did and I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week!

Take Care of You,

Collette x

 

 

 

 


Honey Stir fry and the start of RAW for me....

No comments:

Post a Comment