Tuesday 8 April 2014

Coconut and Spices Beef Casserole

Good Morning friends, I hope this finds you well and having a lovely week so far. 


We are all well here, the kids are SUPER excited as it is ‘one more sleep’ until we head to the Easter Show. It is the first day tomorrow and for the 3rd year in a row my Miss almost 12 is dancing there with 300 Physie friends in the main arena. 


I had some beef out to throw on the BBQ on Sunday night for dinner with salad but ended up having friends over the watch the Football and filled ourselves with snacks instead (nuts, avocado dip, crackers, vegetable sticks, bliss balls, carrot cake and many other Gluten Free goodies!) ….. so the meat wasn’t used. Monday night I knew I had to use it but hubby is the BBQ cooker and wouldn’t be home until late so I decided to throw it together with some other ingredients for a casserole ….. so glad I did …. it was loved by all, I served it with some steamed beans and broccoli and pappadums AND there was enough for 2 nights dinners! BONUS! 


Here is my recipe …. hope you enjoy it also …. a perfect one to keep on file for the cooler nights that are fast approaching!


coconut and spices beef 2


coconut and spices beef casserole


2 tblspns oil


1 kg beef diced


1 kg chat potatoes – quartered


4 carrots – peeled and cut 2cm pieces


½ cauliflower – cut into large chunks


4 cloves garlic


1 tblspn coriander


1 tblspn cumin


1 tspn turmeric


1 tspn cinnamon


1 tspn thyme leaves


½ tspn cardamom


½ tspn salt


800g crushed tin tomatoes (or homemade tomato sauce)


270ml coconut cream


Place all the ingredients except for the tomatoes and coconut cream into a heated stove top casserole dish and stir over a medium – high heat until meat is browned.


Add the tomatoes and cover the entire food with water.


Reduce heat to low, place the lid on the dish and cook for 2 hours. Stir 2-3 times during this time.


With 10 minutes to go add the coconut cream and heat through.


Serve immediately.


Enjoy! 


NOTE: You can do this meal in the slow cooker also – you will need to adjust the cooking time though. 


I hope you all have a beautiful day and I look forward to chatting again soon …. wish me a fun day at the Easter Show tomorrow with my 4 kids! I will be sure to let you know of anything I find that I think you might be interested in. 


Take Care of You, 


Collette  x


Instagram:



 

Pinterest: 

No comments:

Post a Comment