Thursday 31 October 2013

Peanut Butter, Macadamia and Choc Treats!

Good Morning! I hope this finds you well.


When I am in a ‘mood’ you will often find me creating something in the Kitchen. Around 8 o’clock the other night I was pretty exhausted after a busy day but my mind was rambling and I knew I needed to get into the kitchen, just me, my pantry and my “mood” ….. it turns out well sometimes ….. as this amazing chocolatey and nutty treat is what I came up with! I hope you love it as much as we did, they disappeared here within 24 hours!


peanut butter & macadamia choc drops


Peanut Butter, Macadamia and Choc Treats


120g blanched almonds


¼ cup cacao powder


¼ cup maple syrup OR 3 tblspns rice malt syrup


2 heaped tspns coconut oil


30 x macadamia halves


peanut butter


Line a tray with baking paper. 


In a small processor place the almonds, cacao, maple syrup and coconut oil. Blend until thoroughly mixed (1-2 minutes).


OPTIONAL STEP: Place  this mixture in a saucepan and mix over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes. The mix won’t melt but will change consistency slightly. IF you do this step you will get a firmer consistency – if you do not do this step the mix will spread slightly for flatter treats – the TASTE DOES NOT CHANGE! (see photos for the difference).


Use your hands to make small balls with the mixture (approx 1 heaped tspn each – they don’t have to be perfect).


Squash 2 macadamia halves into the top centre of each one and drizzle with a little peanut butter.


Refrigerate for 1 hour…..then ENJOY!


IMG_1019

The difference between the two options. Left ones are heated in saucepan – right ones were not. They both tasted the same – delicious! 


IMG_1017


GLUTEN, DAIRY, PRESERVATIVE / ADDITIVE FREE!


Wishing you a wonderful weekend. 


Take Care of You, 


Collette x 


PS don’t forget if you haven’t already, head to the homepage of my website and register to get these blogs, recipes and updates sent straight to your email! 


Christmas Sale #1

4 different Christmas Sale packages available NOW on my website! With this one shown here in this photo you get the Large Chemical Maze worth $29 for FREE!



Peanut Butter, Macadamia and Choc Treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment